I am so happy to finally be posting this recipe. I made my first batch of these not too long ago and they were great right out of the oven, but the next day they were a little dry. I’m the kind of girl who loves a soft chewy cookie. I’ve played around with the recipe and these are AMAZING. I am so excited at how good they turned out. Right out of the oven they are warm and gooey, the perfect treat to warm you up during cold weather. The next day these still taste amazing and they don’t lose that gooey, soft texture. Make these for your next holiday party and you will be a hit. They are also gluten-free, vegan(optional) and figure friendly so you can have a few and feel good about it.
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour plus a few tablespoons-set aside
- 12 pitted dates soaked(then drained) for 1-2 hours to soften
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp hot cocoa mix(preferably with no added sugar) or raw cacao powder*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla stevia* or vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate(higher the dark chocolate the less added sugar, for vegan cookies, use vegan chocolate)
- shredded coconut(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine 1 1/2 cup almond flour, soaked dates, vanilla stevia or extract, salt, hot cocoa mix and baking powder in a food processor or blender and pulse until dates are all chopped and mixture is combined.
- Add dark chocolate to a small glass bowl and put in microwave for about 1 minute, keep close eye to make sure chocolate doesn’t burn. Take out of microwave and stir until all chocolate is melted.
- Add melted chocolate to a medium bowl, stir in coconut oil. Add the date/almond flour mixture and stir to combine all ingredients(get messy and use your hands, it’s the easiest way). If your mixture is a little too moist add a little almond flour(no more than two tablespoons)
- Roll batter with your hands, into bit sized balls and place on a nonstick cookie sheet(if you are using coconut roll the balls into the coconut before placing on cookie sheet). Cook in oven at 350F for 8 minutes. Take the cookies out and let sit for about 7-10 minutes, this is very important because the cookies continue to cook.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to three days(trust me, they won’t last that long)
If you are interested in working together to focus on your health and lifestyle click here. Come join me for inspiration, motivation and tips on Facebook here and follow me on twitter here. Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter and receive a free three day detox here. ❤